Thursday 28 February 2013

The Cat Cushion

I realised last weekend that February was quickly coming to an end and it is one of my good friend's birthday on the 1st March. I have promised the fella that I will not buy any more wool until the big pile of oddments in the wool box has gone down so I went looking for a pattern that would be cool for my friend and use up some of my wool.

I have loads of very nice pattern books (thanks to many birthday and Christmas presents from people I know) and decided to knit her a cat cushion from my Pet Heaven book by Sally Muir and Joanne Osborne as she has a couple of cats. This was one of the first pattern books that I got and it has loads of great patterns in it.



The cushion was much bigger than I expected so it is lucky that I had Monday to Wednesday off work and I think I knitted about 6-8 hours for all 3 days to get it done- but I think it's worth it. The back of the cushion should have been just black, but I didn't have any black wool left so made it stripey, I think it looks nice and retro.

I sent it to her today- really hope she likes it! My next task is to finish the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles scarf I have started and then whip up a couple of wise men.

No comments:

Post a Comment