Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Knitted Nativity Donkey

The next instalment in the Nativity I am knitting for my friend was the donkey. I gave it as a present for her wedding last weekend (not the only present- I did do all the wedding flowers for her too!) The pattern is from Jean Greenhowe's Christmas Treasures. I didn't have any grey wool, but Google informed me that donkey's can be brown too- and I don't think they specified what colour the donkey was in the bible. He does stand up due to straws in his legs so he won't be a wonky donkey.

I am busy knitting lots of socks at the moment , and after that I have a Mohawk to do for my sister's birthday next week (to go with her beard. I am then getting back on the jumper knitting for Christmas- only have about 7 more to do, it's lucky they're my favourite things to make at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment